City of Highland Park July 4, 2023 Security Procedures:
Security is a top priority for the City of Highland Park, the Park District of Highland Park, D113, Gary Sinise and the Lieutenant Dan Band, and all stakeholders involved in the community's July 4, 2023 events.
Backpacks & Bags
Guests may enter the event areas with a small purse or personal bag up to 10" x 6" x 2" in size for the evening concert and drone show at Wolters Field only clear bags will be allowed. Backpacks are prohibited. Limited exceptions for medical or diaper bags will be allowed. To ensure security protocols, the City reserves the right to refuse admittance of any item deemed hazardous or suspicious, including any item capable of being used as a projectile.
All guests entering the event areas must pass through metal detectors and are subject to visual inspection, bag check, and additional security measures as warranted by trained security personnel. Those who choose not to subject themselves or their personal belongings to the screening will not be permitted to enter the event(s). Be aware that added security measures may slow down an entry line, so please plan accordingly.
Prohibited Items at all event locations:
- Please be aware there is no storage area for any items for prohibited items.
- Firearms, knives, explosives or weapons of any kind
- Athletic equipment (balls and flying discs, etc)
- Anything that needs to be staked into the ground
- Drones or other flying apparatus
- Fire pits
- Air horns or other distracting noise makers
- Backpacks (including clear backpacks)
- Glass/metal/aluminum containers, bottles or cans (including tumblers, thermoses and flasks)
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Laser pointers
- Skateboards, hover boards or other personal recreation vehicles with the exception of ADA-required devices
- Wrapped packages
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by operations personnel
City of Highland Park ADA Accessibility Notice:
If you have any questions about access or to request any reasonable accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in this event please contact the City's ADA Coordinator Emily Taub at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.926.1005 by June 20, 2023. The City will make reasonable efforts to accommodate questions or requests received after June 20, 2023.